Effective date: 01 January 2021
We collect Personal Data about you from:
- when you provide such information directly to us, and
- when Personal Data about you is automatically collected in connection with your use of our Services.
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates (together, “Affiliates”), when they provide us with Personal Data about you.
- Third parties, when they provide us with Personal Data about you (“Third Parties”). Third Parties that share your Personal Data with us include:
- Service providers. For example, we may use analytics service providers to analyze how you interact and engage with the Services, or third parties may help us provide you with customer support.
- Social networks connected to the services. If you provide your social network account credentials to us or otherwise sign in to the Services through a third-party site or service, you understand some content and/or information in those accounts may be transmitted into your Account with us
The following sections provide additional information about how we collect your Personal Data.
We use the following types of Cookies:
- Essential Cookies. Essential Cookies are required for providing you with features or services that you have requested. For example, certain Cookies enable you to log into secure areas of our Services. Disabling these Cookies may make certain features and services unavailable.
- Functional Cookies. Functional Cookies are used to record your choices and settings regarding our Services, maintain your preferences over time and recognize you when you return to our Services. These Cookies help us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Retargeting/Advertising Cookies. Retargeting/Advertising Cookies collect data about your online activity and identify your interests so that we can provide advertising that we believe is relevant to you. For more information about this, please see the section below titled “Information about Interest-Based Advertisements.”
You can decide whether or not to accept Cookies through your internet browser's settings. Most browsers have an option for turning off the Cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new Cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allow you to decide on acceptance of each new Cookie in a variety of ways. You can also delete all Cookies that are already on your computer. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some of the Services and functionalities may not work.
To explore what Cookie settings are available to you, look in the “preferences” or “options” section of your browser's menu. To find out more information about Cookies, including information about how to manage and delete Cookies, please visithttps://allaboutcookies.org.
We process Personal Data to operate, improve, understand and personalize our Services. We use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To meet or fulfill the reason you provided the information to us.
- To communicate with you about the Services, including Service announcements, updates or offers.
- To provide support and assistance for the Services.
- To create and manage your Account or other user profiles.
- To personalize website content and communications based on your preferences, including targeted offers and ads served through the Services.
- To process orders or other transactions.
- To respond to user inquiries and fulfill user requests.
- To improve and develop the Services, including testing, research, analysis and product development.
- To protect against or deter fraudulent, illegal or harmful actions and maintain the safety, security and integrity of our Services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- For any other business purpose stated when collecting your Personal Data or as otherwise set forth in applicable data privacy laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”).
As noted in the list above, we may communicate with you if you've provided us the means to do so. For example, if you've given us your email address, we may send you promotional email offers or email you about your use of the Services. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us, which helps us improve our Services. If you do not want to receive communications from us, please indicate your preference by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org.
We disclose your Personal Data to the following categories of service providers and other parties:
- Service providers, including:
- Payment processors.
- Ad networks.
- Security and fraud prevention consultants.
- Hosting and other technology and communications providers.
- Analytics providers.
- Staff augmentation and contract personnel.
- Our Affiliates.
- Parties who acquire your Personal Data through an acquisition or other change of control.
- Personal Data may be transferred to a third party if we undergo a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or other transaction in which that third party assumes control of our business (in whole or in part).
- Other parties at your direction.
- Other users (where you post information publicly or as otherwise necessary to effect a transaction initiated or authorized by you through the Services).
- Third-party business partners who you access through the Services.
- Social media services (if you intentionally interact with them through your use of the Services).
- Other parties authorized by you.
We seek to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use and disclosure using appropriate physical, technical, organizational and administrative security measures based on the type of Personal Data and how we are processing that data. For example, the Services use industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of Personal Data you provide to us. ]You should also help protect your data by appropriately selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism; limiting access to your computer or device and browser; and signing off after you have finished accessing your account. Although we work to protect the security of your account and other data that we hold in our records, please be aware that no method of transmitting data over the Internet or storing data is completely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of any data you share with us, and except as expressly required by law, we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, loss or inadvertent disclosure of your information or content
We retain Personal Data about you for as long as you have an open account with us or as otherwise necessary to provide you with our Services. In some cases we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. We may further retain information in an anonymous or aggregated form where that information would not identify you personally.
California Resident Rights:
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to contact us to prevent disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for such third parties' direct marketing purposes; in order to submit such a request, please contact us email@example.com.
Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. Our Services do not support DO Not Track requests at this time. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you can visithttps://allaboutdnt.com.
Nevada Resident Rights:
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain Personal Data to third parties who intend to license or sell that Personal Data. You can exercise this right by contacting us firstname.lastname@example.org the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account. Please note that we do not currently sell your Personal Data as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A.
EU Resident Rights:
Residents of the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) with respect to Personal Data.